- Where should farmworkers be counted?
- I received a census form at a non-residential structure (e.g., storage shed, garage, other outbuilding) on my property, how should I respond?
- How should I answer the race question if I am Middle Eastern or North African?
- How do I complete the census form for a second home, cabin or seasonal residence?
- Do I have to enter something into the text boxes after selecting my race in order to be able to move to the next question?
Why do these ask for the age and date of birth of the people living or staying in the household?
The data produced from this question is used in planning government programs that provide funding or services for specific age groups (e.g., school facilities planning, Head Start funding, services and assistance to seniors, including the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program or LIHEAP). This data also facilitates the enforcement of laws against age discrimination. Both age and date of birth are asked to allow the Census Bureau to check for rounding errors and duplicate responses.